How To Transform Your Living Room Into A Game Day Oasis
The excitement of the big game also means answering the question "Where are we going to watch it?" While others come into the game ready for chips, wings and beverages this means you have to set up your watching space into a comfortable and exciting venue. Here are the best ways to turn your quiet living space into the perfect and loud game day oasis.
1. Rearrange- First things first, you want to rearrange your entry way to make sure everyone has an open welcome. Set up a place to hang up any large coats and jackets. Second move around any sofas to form an L shape so that everyone has a perfect tv viewing.
2. Declutter-Be sure to move out any unwanted furniture. Clear away coffee and end tables and move them to arms reach of every seating area. Be prepared for people to jump and scream out of their seats so you do not want any special pieces getting in the way of some good cheering.
3. Decor-Give the room that extra game day feel by adding football themed plates, table wear and cups. Do not forget those handy cup/glass markers to make sure no rival drinks get mixed up. Dress up the room in your teams colors. If your are an Eagles fan be sure to throw in that Philadelphia Green. If your company favors towards the Patriots some light shades of blue will give it that friendly New England feel. Have a mixture of both? Designate different parts of the room to match each team giving everyone their space to root for a win! Check out Love The Day for more free printable ideas. http://love-the-day.com/2015/01/22/football-printables/
4. Air- A feature not everyone thinks about. The anticipation in the room will be high so be sure to make sure everyone feels comfortable in their jerseys. Know your room and the area you live in. Body heat will be created but, if your natural surroundings run hot open open up a window and let a nice breeze run through.
5. Food- This is a must, while there are tons of places to obtain food try and get creative. Find snacks corresponding with the two teams. Patriot cupcakes, Eagles brownies, or a rival cake. The possibilities are endless. Make sure you have a table set up not too close to the tv but within eye few. Also don't forget to fill those end table bowls for some quick snack grabs. Check out Baking Smarter for some fresh ideas! http://www.bakingsmarter.com/super-bowl-desserts/
6. Fun-The game doesn't have to be the only exciting thing happening. There are many ways to have ongoing activities such as commercial bingo, some corn hole for those wanting to ignore the halftime show, and even some game day trivia. You want to be the party everyone talks about the next day! Check out Play Party Plan for exciting game ideas! https://www.playpartyplan.com/super-bowl-games-bingo/